What do you do when your sewer main is backing up and unhygienic waste is pouring into your home? First, you’ll want to stop using all your plumbing fixtures and call a plumber in to solve the problem. Then you will want to call us at Perris Water Damage to start cleaning up and restoring your property.
Just like 911, we are available 24/7. Call us anytime for Live Customer Support (no machines). We can be at your home in 30 minutes or less.
Category 3 Water Damage
Water damage is broken down into 3 categories based on the health risks it can pose. Category 3 water damage, also called “black water,” is grossly unsanitary and can contain bacteria, viruses, mold, fungus, and a wide variety of other hazards. Never attempt to clean up Category 3 water damage yourself. Do not even enter the room where the damage is unless you have proper safety gear. The best thing to do in these situations is immediately call for professional help.
Sewage damage always falls into Category 3 water damage. Most commonly, sewage damage occurs when a sewer main becomes clogged, causing waste water to back up into your home. However, there can be many other causes of Category 3 water damage. Flood water often contains serious hazards and can be categorized as black water. Further, water which is allowed to stand for a long time can start to grow bacteria and mold. Quickly, even clean water can turn into Category 3 water damage.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AROUND CATEGORY 3 WATER DAMAGE
We can’t stress enough how dangerous sewage damage and other Category 3 black water can be to your health and safety. Here are some of the precautions you should take to make sure you and your family stay safe until the contamination can be cleaned up.
- Never enter the contaminated area unless you absolutely have to, and only then if you have proper gear like waders
- Remember that sewage waste can release contaminants into the air; close off the contaminated area by shutting doors. Keep your HVAC system turned off!
- Treat all surfaces which have gotten wet as unsanitary – do not touch them
- Leave all contaminated surfaces in place
- Do not try to remove unaffected items; you will likely just end up tracking dirty water into other areas of your home. Wait for our pros to come and safely remove your belongings.
- Make sure all kids and pets stay out of the area
PROFESSIONAL SEWAGE DAMAGE CLEANUP SERVICES
At Perris Water Damage, we are IICRC Certified for Category 3 water damage, and have a certificate in Sewage Remediation Advanced Training from the Academy of Textiles. We are also EPA Lead Certified. With our expertise and state-of-the-art equipment, you can trust us to get your home safely cleaned up in the most efficient time.
Here is an overview of our sewage damage cleanup process. All methods are approved by the IICRC and performed by licensed and highly-trained technicians.
1. Safety inspection: We always start each job by making sure that the site is safe. If necessary, we may need to put up sheeting to prevent sewage waste from contaminating other areas of your home.
2. Solid waste and standing water extraction: We use truck-mounted extraction machines which have incredible suction power. This allows us to get sewage removed from surfaces very quickly. Every minute counts with sewage damage and this machine can make a big difference when it comes to how much property we are able to save. All dirty water is safely disposed of according to Perris, CA regulations.
3. Removal of damaged items: Items such as carpets, carpet padding, pillows, paper products, and foam almost always need to be disposed of. We can also remove affected drywall, flooring, walls, insulation, etc. These should not be thrown into the trash because of the risk of contamination; we dispose of them as hazardous waste.
4. Cleaning and Disinfection: Many items can be saved even after sewage contamination, including many hard surfaces. Please note that cleaning and disinfection are two different things. Cleaning will remove the dirt, but only disinfection will kill the microorganisms and pathogens which may be present.
5. Content Pack Out: If necessary, we can remove unaffected items from your home and take them to a secure facility which you can access at any time. This will keep them safe while your home is restored, and make the restoration process easier.
6. Drying and Dehumidification: This is always the most important step of the water damage cleanup process. If not dried and dehumidified properly, excess moisture will get into the air. High humidity can cause mold to rapidly grow throughout your home, leading to an even bigger problem. We have hundreds of professional-grade air movers and dehumidification units at our disposal to dry your property quickly. The process can be monitored remotely with our equipment.
One of the things which makes us so efficient in getting sewage damage cleaned up is our professional-grade equipment. With sewage damage, time is really of the essence so you don’t want to have a small, weak machine doing the job slowly. Here are just some of the tools we use to restore your home from sewage damage.
Truck-Mount Water Extraction Machine:We’ve got one of the most powerful extraction machines in the industry! It has much more suction power than a standard portable unit, which means we can get waste and water out of your home faster, and also get more moisture out to cut down on drying time.
Air Scrubbers: We remove particulates from the air which can be hazardous to your health and cause bad odors with our HEPA air scrubber machine.
Air Movers and Dehumidifiers: We have a huge variety of air movers and dehumidifiers – enough to handle any size and type of job! In addition, we have tools which allow us to monitor drying remotely so we can make sure everything is going smoothly and mold growth is thwarted.
Protometers and Hydrosensors: We can make sure your home is truly dry by using advanced tools like Dri-Eaz protometers and hydrosensors to measure moisture content.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Agents: Our arsenal of cleaning and disinfection products is vast enough to be used on any surface or material. All products are environmentally friend and do not have any toxic byproducts. You can feel confident that we will get your home safely clean without risking your health or the environment.
Anti-Microbial and Mildicide Agents: Mold often occurs after water damage, and it can quickly grow rampant and cause huge amounts of secondary damage. To prevent mold from growing, we can apply mildicides and anti-microbial agents.
AVAILABLE 24/7 – CALL US TODAY
Don’t let sewage damage cleanup wait another second. Just like 911, we are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Just give us a call to speak to Live Customer Support (never any machines). We will be at your home within 30 minutes or your call.