While fire sprinklers are important for preventing fire damage and saving lives, we can also testify to the amount of water damage they can cause. In just a matter of seconds, your entire home or business can be saturated. This includes walls, floors, furniture, and all your precious belongings. As leaders in water damage cleanup and restoration services in Perris, we are ready to help.
Call us anytime. We are here 24/7 and offer emergency fire sprinkler damage cleanup services in 30 minutes or less.
Fire Sprinklers – Class 3 Water Damage
Class 3 water damage refers to situations in which carpet and padding are wet, more than 2 feet of the walls are wet, and other absorbent materials may be wet. The huge amount of water means that moisture levels in the room will rapidly increase, putting your home at risk of mold growth.
Cleaning up Class 3 water damage requires extensive knowledge of water extraction, moisture control, and how different materials react to water. Some of the things which makes us at Perris Water Damage prepared for the job are:
• 8+ Years of experience
• IICRC Certified
• Highly-trained technicians
• State-of-the-art equipment
• 24/7 availability
• On site in 30 minutes!
The Risk of Mold Growth
When fire sprinklers go off accidentally, it isn’t just the water you have to worry about. In cases where the water damage goes untreated or is treated incorrectly, mold grow almost always occurs. Bear in mind that the EPA warns mold growth can begin in as little as 24 hours after humidity levels rise above 16%. When your fire sprinklers go off, the moisture levels get much higher than this!
Mold growth is a serious health risk and is especially dangerous for people with respiratory problems. Mold will also quickly destroy your property by staining and deteriorating it. Items like mattresses and upholstery usually will need to be thrown away if they get affected by mold.
The best way to prevent mold growth is to get the water damage process started ASAP. At Perris Water Damage, we have technicians on call 24/7. There is always a Live Customer Support agent standing by to answer the phone so you don’t have to leave a message with a machine. The agent will explain the next steps and immediately dispatch the nearest technicians to your address. We arrive in 30 minutes or less!
Some other steps which are taken to reduce the risk of mold growth are controlled drying, in which our equipment is monitored remotely. We also apply mildicides and anti-microbial agents to prevent mold from growing on surfaces. Particulates, including mold spores, can be removed from the air with HEPA air scrubbers. The air scrubbers also remove bad smells from your home.
The Fire Sprinkler Damage Restoration Process
Here is an overview of how we clean up and restore fire sprinkler damage. This process refers to cases in which only water damage is present. If your fire sprinklers went off due to smoke or a fire, we can clean this up too – see our Fire and Smoke Damage page for more information.
1. Assessment: The first thing our technicians do when they arrive is assess the scene. They are first looking to make sure the site is safe, such as ensuring there are no electrical risks. They will also take documentation for insurance purposes.
2. Water Extraction: We use a powerful truck-mounted extraction machine to remove water from your home. The truck-mount unit is much stronger than portable units and allows us to remove much more moisture, and faster. This makes it possible for us to save carpets where other companies couldn’t.
3. Contents Removal: If an item is unsalvageable, we safely remove and dispose of it for you. We also offer complete content pack-out services. With these services, we remove unaffected items from your home and transfer them to a secure facility which you can access at anytime. This protects your items from moisture and also makes restoration easier.
4. Decontamination, Mold Control, Odor Removal: Fire sprinklers spray clean water, so there is usually no need to disinfect the affects areas. However, in cases where cleanup was not initiated quickly, mold and bacteria may have started to grow. We make sure your home is safe by applying nontoxic cleaners, mildicides, anti-microbial agents, and using HEPA air scrubbers to remove particulates from the air.
5. Drying and Dehumidification: This part of the fire sprinkler damage cleanup process is incredibly important. Structures must be brought back to a safe moisture level quickly so mold growth doesn’t start. We have hundreds of industry-grade air movers and dehumidification units so the damaged site can be dried quickly and effectively. Equipment is carefully monitored with remote controls.
24/7 Emergency Services
Just like 911, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don’t let the water damage cleanup process wait another minute. Call us today and we will have a team of IICRC certified water damage experts at your door in 30 minutes.