At Perris Water Damage, we don’t just clean up floods, burst pipes, and sewage backups. Our technicians are IICRC Certified for fire and smoke damage cleanup and restoration. With our 8+ years of experience and state-of-the-art equipment, we can save your property and get your life back to normal.
We are available 24/7 for emergency fire and smoke damage cleanup services in Perris, CA. Call us today to speak to a Live Customer Support agent. We arrive at your door in 30 minutes!
Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup Process
Each type of material reacts differently to fire, and thus the cleanup process varies depending on what has been damaged and how extensively. Smoke residue can also be dry or oily depending on the source of the fire, and the smoke must be cleaned accordingly. When you call us for fire and smoke damage cleanup services in Perris, CA, you can count on us to follow the proper IICRC approved protocols to ensure your home is restored safely and efficiently. Here is an overview of the cleanup and restoration process:
1. Documentation and Inspection: We always start by inspecting each site to insure it is safe. Our technicians will then take documentation of the damage for insurance purposes, and also an inventory of any damaged item which needs to be disposed of, cleaned, or restored.
2. Content Pack Out: It is often necessary to remove undamaged items from the scene to make the restoration process go faster. We document each item and transfer it to a secure storage facility which you can access at any time.
3. Cleaning: We use various methods to remove soot and smoke from your property and belongings. These include using chemical sponges to remove debris, HEPA vaccums with specialty wands, and a variety of cleaning agents formulated specially for dry or oily smoke residues.
4. Restoration: Our technicians are trained and licensed to perform contracting tasks like removing damaged drywall and flooring, perform demolition, and seal over surfaces like wood floors and walls.
5. Odor Removal: The smell of smoke can linger in your home for months after a fire. We get bad odors out by using de-odorizing agents, sealing over affected areas, and using HEPA air scrubbers and ozone.
Insurance Claims for Fire and Smoke Damage
Fire and smoke damage are typically covered under homeowner’s insurance policies. Insurance companies will typically classify damages into two categories. The first category is damages to your home and its structures, such as walls, doors, floors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc. The second category is for damaged contents. Contents include your clothing, furniture, decorations, etc. Basically anything which isn’t “nailed down” is considered contents.
Never throw away any damaged item after a fire until the insurance adjuster has had a chance to inspect them. Otherwise, you may be denied coverage for these items. You will need to make a list of all items which were damaged by the fire, and take photographs as well.
At Perris Water Damage, we have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and know the claims process like the back of our hands. As part of our services, we offer direct billing to insurance companies and we work with ALL insurance companies.
We understand that this is a stressful time for you and the last thing you need to worry about is figuring out the insurance claims process. Our technicians will help you get the coverage you need by taking photographs and writing reports when they arrive, and helping you understand your policy. We will also meet with the insurance adjuster to explain the damages and cleanup and restoration process.